Date : April 2020.
Source : https://www.redagricola.com/pe/difunden-medidas-evitar-contagio-covid-19-agroexportadoras-agroindustrias/
Agro-export and agro-industrial companies require clear sanitary protocols to confront the coronavirus and proceed as provided by the national and international health authority. For this reason, the Association of Agricultural Producing Guilds of Peru (AGAP) has prepared a document whose content guides on prevention measures and good practices, to avoid contagion in production centers, farms, packing and other environments.
AGAP also highlights that the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) states that there is insufficient scientific evidence to confirm that Covid-19 can be transmitted in food products.
Beyond the already known measures, such as hand washing, the use of a mask, the distance of one meter, the provision of disposable cups and / or cups or glasses for the worker and other measures, a series was established of specific recommendations for the different parts of the sector chain in this guide prepared in collaboration with GLOBALG.AP and Senasa.
IN THE TRANSPORTATION OF PERSONNEL
- The transport provider must guarantee the disinfection of hands through the use of alcohol> 70 ° for the workers when they get into the transport unit.
- The surfaces of the units of the chairs, railings, doors and other surfaces of the vehicles should be disinfected with household bleach.
- Transport units must transfer a maximum capacity of half of their total capacity (1 person for every 2 seats).
- The minimum distance of one meter must be maintained when boarding the means of transport.
- During the trip, all windows must be open for better ventilation.
ACCESS TO THE COMPANY
- Take the temperature to workers, visitors and third parties with the infrared thermometer.
- For visits and third parties, symptomatic controls will be carried out, including respiratory tests through a questionnaire.
- It is recommended not to use fingerprint marking systems.
IN THE COUNTRYSIDE
- Water containers and liquid soap dispensers will be permanently available in all company bathrooms and laundry rooms; as well as the necessary elements for a correct drying of hands such as the use of disposable towels, drying machines, among others.
- As an alternative to soap and water, alcohol (> 70 °) will be available at strategic points.
- Crowd meetings are completely prohibited without respecting the minimum person-to-person distance of more than 1 m.
- Field workers will be informed that when they arrive at their home they must proceed to the corresponding disinfection and / or washing of their personal clothing.
- Use of Gloves, mask, apron and mandatory cap.
- If applicable, consider the possibility of making shift changes and staggered breaks.
- If a collaborator presents with the symptoms of the disease, he will be removed from the production line.
- In cold rooms, work is restricted to personnel with a history of: pulmonary tuberculosis, chronic lung diseases, pneumonia, bronchial asthma (with more than 5 crises a year). Nor may personnel over 60 enter.
- Disinfection of handles, railings, doors and other warehouse surfaces with household bleach.
- If this is the case, consider the possibility of making shift changes and staggered breaks
- For stowage personnel, obligatory use of gloves (the one that corresponds according to the product to be stowed), mask and goggles.
- The staff for these activities will wear a uniform, which will have to change for clean clothes at the end of their work.
IN ADMINISTRATIVE ZONES
- I only work with personnel whose physical presence is essential (consider Telecommuting).
- Ban on holding meetings of more than 5 people in closed rooms and / or meeting rooms.